You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1 — 8, choose the best answer.
You hear a woman being interviewed on the radio.
What role did she have in a recent film?
You overhear a woman in a video store.
What does she want?
You overhear this exchange in a film on TV.
What does the man want the woman to do?
You hear someone talking about a film.
What kind of film is it?
Listen to this person talking about a film they worked on.
What was their job?
You hear two people talking about a film.
What is their relationship?
Listen to this woman on TV talking about a man.
Why is she talking about him?
Listen to this director talking to an actor.
How does she want him to do the scene?
You will hear part of a radio programme about a famous person. For questions 9 — 18, complete the sentences.
9. The were all surprised by her wedding.
10. Her first part was in a .
11. As a child, she wanted to be .
12. Denise learned more about the theatre when she .
13. She met Peter Jones at .
14. They spent some time living in together in Hollywood.
15. Peter worked hard to get interested in his ideas.
16. To make money, Denise worked in .
17. Andy Foster was impressed by the Peter showed him.
18. They started making My Previous Life after Andy met Denise.
You will hear five different people talking about teachers they had when they were at school. Choose the correct sentence describes his or her teacher. There is one sentence you do not need to use.
You will hear part of a radio interview with Louise Graham, who works as a group leader at Ravensfield Outdoor Adventure Centre. For questions 24 — 30, choose the best answer.
How long has Louise been working at Ravensfield?
When she started working at the center, she felt
What does she most enjoy about working with children?
How does she feel about working at night?
At the end of the course, the children
An added advantage of working at Ravensfield is that
What does she want to do in the future?