You hear part of an interview in which a film director talks about his favorite movie.
Why does he like the film?
On a train, you overhear a woman phoning her office.
Why has she phoned?
You hear a man being interviewed on the radio.
What is his current occupation?
You overhear a man and a woman talking about a ride at a theme park.
What does the man say about the ride?
You hear a novelist talking about how she writes.
How does she get her ideas for her novels?
You hear a man talking about deep-sea diving.
Why does he like the sport?
You hear a man talking on the radio about teaching beginners to surf in the sea.
What does the man say about beginners?
You overhear a woman speaking on the radio.
What is she doing?
You will hear an interview with a man who enjoys flying in a small aircraft called a 'microlight'. Complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
1. Before his retirement, Brian worked as a pilot for a company called for a long time.
2. Brian feels like a bird when flying his microlight because he doesn't have a around him.
3. Brian disagrees with the suggestion that steering a microlight is like steering a .
4. Brian's record-breaking flight ended in .
5. Brian organized his flight in advance to avoid needing other people as on the way.
6. Brian's microlight was modified so that it could carry more on board.
7. It took Brian to plan the record-breaking flight.
8. Brian feels that flying over miles and miles of was the most dangerous part of the trip.
9. Brian describes his navigation system as both and easy to use.
10. Brian says that his main problem on the flight was the fact that he became very .
You will hear five different cyclists talking about a long-distance race they took part in. For each gap, choose from the list (A - F) what each speaker says. Use the letters only once. There is one extra letter which you do not need to use.
A. I started the race but then decided not to continue.
B. I had to change bicycles during the race
C. I felt uncomfortable on my bicycle throughout the race.
D. I had done some serious physical training for the race.
E. I think the organizers of the race were inefficient.
F. I was satisfied with my performance in the race.
You will hear part of a radio interview in which Tina White, a magazine editor, talks about her life and work.
For each question, choose the correct answer.
In her first column, Tina chose to write about people who ______
She took up journalism because of _____
Under her management, the magazine Female Focus ______
She believes people are more likely to read an article if ______
When she started present job five years ago, she ______
Tina says that she would be worried if she ______
In the future, she would like to ______