Read the air travel tips. Then answer the questions.
Air Travel Tips
1. After you pack your bag, lock it and put a name tag on it. Try to put your valuable items in your carry-on bags.
2. Don't forget to bring your passport and flight itinerary.
3. Try to be at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your boarding time.
4. Empty your pockets when you go through security.
5. Check your gate number and boarding time.
6. Turn off your cell phone before the plane takes off.
7. Take off your hat or sunglasses when you are at the immigration. Provide extra documents that support your purpose of stay if necessary, such as a hotel confirmation or your return ticket.
8. If you are going to a foreign country and are not fluent in the language, ask for an interpreter at immigration.
What must you have in order to get a boarding pass?
What should you do onboard before your plane takes off?
Showing your hotel confirmation or return ticket will support _____.
Read the text. Then answer the questions.
In-Flight Safety Tips
What should we do in order to avoid dehydration on a plane?
What is turbulence?
What should we do in order to be protected during in-flight turbulence?
Read the instruction. Then answer the questions.
How to make Tacos
(Adapted from Reading Starter 3)
What is the main idea of this reading?
What should you do after you cook the meat?
Which vegetables should be cooked for tacos?
Read the instruction: How to Make Jams and Jellies From Fruit
Do you like jams and jellies?
Jams and jellies are fruit and sugar mixed together. These treats are fun to make!
You can even do it at home. Make sure an adult is there to help you cook. You can use your favorite fruit for your jams and jellies. Jams and jellies are similar, but they are also different.
Jams are made of mashed fruit and sugar. Making a jam is easy.
First, mash the fruit with a fork.
Next, mix the mashed fruit and sugar. Then, put it in a jar.
Finally, boil the jar in water. The mashed fruit and sugar become jam.
Jellies are made of fruit juice and sugar. Jellies are also easy.
Mash the fruit with a fork until it’s soft.
Then cook the fruit. The cooked fruit makes juice. Drain the juice from the fruit.
Then, add sugar to the juice. Put the juice and sugar in a jar.
Use your jelly to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Finally, put the jar in water and boil it like you did to make a jam.
The fruit juice and sugar become yummy jelly. Now you know how to make jams and jellies from fruit!
Adapted from How to Make Jams and Jellies From Fruit by Michelle S.
Read the following announcement.
On Friday, March 6, Sullivan School will have a Reading Festival. Grade 6, 7, and 8 students will all participate in special activities.
|Time||Grade 6||Grade 7||Grade 8|
|10:00-11:00 A.M||Book Sharing||Snacks with a Writer||Speed Reading|
|11:15 A.M-12:15 P.M||Snacks with a Writer||Speed Reading||Radio Bookblast|
|12:30-1:30 P.M||Speed Reading||Book Sharing||Snacks with a Writer|
|1:30 P.M||SPECIAL LUNCH FOR ALL|
*The special lunch will be held in the cafeteria.
*Activity leaders will travel from homeroom to homeroom.
*All activities will happen in students' regular homeroom classrooms.
At what time will the sixth-graders do the speed reading activity?
Where will the special lunch take place?
Who will get to do the Radio Bookblast activity?
Where will the activities happen?