How does the man feel?
What is Mark going to do today?
According to the dialog, which statement is true?
What is the main point of the talk?
What is the best title for the passage?
For each question, write the correct answer in the gap. Write one or two words or a number or a date or a time.
You will hear a woman talking on the radio about a competition.
This month's competition
Prize: a computer + a printer.
Write a story
• length: fewer than words
• subject: a short story which takes place in the future.
Write your name, address, telephone number and at the end.
Story must arrive on or before .
You will hear a conversation between a woman, Kim, and a man, Rob, who live in the same block of flats.
Decide if each sentence is correct or incorrect.
Kim celebrated a party last night.
Rob could hear music from Kim's flat.
Kim doesn't play loud music when she has visitors.
Rob pays more attention to his work than the music when the music's on.
Kim prefers to work during the day.
Listen to a lecture about how to tell a good story. For each question, use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER to answer.
1. Which radio show can students hear Glass's stories?
2. What does Glass think about a story about ordinary events?
3. What does the man do first in the example story?
4. The "bait" in the example story is the use of the word .
5. According to Glass, what is the main point of a story?