According to the passage, what is true about the Greeks?
Which of the following best concludes the passage?
As a result, _____.
What is the speaker talking about?
What is the best title for the passage?
What are the speakers talking about?
You will hear a conversation between a girl, Anna, and a boy, James, about a party.
Decide if each sentence is correct or incorrect.
1. James is looking forward to his brother's engagement.
2. Anna enjoys her family parties.
3. James gets on well with his cousins.
4. Anna reminds James to buy them a gift.
5. Both Anna and James have bought things on the Internet before.
For each question, write the correct answer in the gap. Write one or two words or a number or a date or a time.
You will hear a man talking on the radio about a film festival.
CITY FILM FESTIVAL
Dates Of Festival
opens on for three weeks
New prize-winning films
Locations showing festival films
Talk by guest speaker, Paul Greenwood
Listen to a man talking about family history. For each question, use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER to answer. You can listen to the audio twice.
1. What do we look for?
2. What new tool did Henry Louis Gate use in his study?
3. What in the DNA sample could show that some people come from a common ancestor?
4. Where did some of Gate's ancestors come from?
5. Bliss Broyard found that she was nearly black.
6. What forms a person's identity together with DNA?