Science Grade 1 Vocab Review- Patterns in the Sky
1/28/2019 9:46:26 PM
10 questions extracted from Mobymax (Science, Grade 1), to help you review some basic vocabulary about patterns in the sky. To learn more about this topic, get a Mobymax learning account (by going to http://contuhoc.com/mobymax).
- a type of planet that is very large
- a part of the Sun that is very hot
- an object in space that gives off its own light
- The planet that is closest to the Earth
- The star that is closest to the Earth
- A star that gives off light and heats the Earth
- A star that does not belong to the Solar system
- a tool that helps us see things that are far away
- a place where we can go to look at the stars
- a person who studies space
- a tool that helps us see things that are very small
- a large, round object that travels around the Earth
- a large, round object that travels around a star
- a place where people and animals can live
- a type of star that is made of rock
- a large ball of rock that travels around the Earth
- a small planet that is located near the Earth
- a ship that scientists sent into space
- the largest planet that travels around the Earth
Which of these statements are true? Check all that are true.
- The Sun is the same size as the Earth.
- The Sun gives off light.
- The Sun travels around the Earth.
- The Sun is a star.
Which of these statements are true?Check all that are true.
- The Moon gives off its own light.
- Different plants and animals live on the Moon.
- The Moon is made of rock.
- The Moon travels around the Earth.
Day and night are caused by _____.
- Earth's spin
- the way sunlight hits the Moon
- the Sun's path around the Earth
- the shape of the Earth
We live on a _____ called _____.
- moon - Earth
- planet - the United States
- star - the Sun
- planet - Earth
Why can we only see part of the Moon in this picture?
- The Earth is turned away from that part of the Moon.
- The Sun is only shining on part of the Moon.
- Part of the Moon was destroyed.