Physical Science Grade 1 Vocab Review - Heat, Sound, and Light Energy
1/28/2019 12:08:19 PM
10 questions extracted from Mobymax (Science, Grade 1), to help you review some basic vocabulary about Heat, Sound, and Light Energy. Learn more about Mobymax at http://contuhoc.com/mobymax
What is energy?
- the ability to have things
- something warm
- the ability to change things
- the ability to buy things
What is heat?
- a type of energy that makes things lighter
- a type of energy that makes things cooler
- a type of energy that makes things darker
- a type of energy that makes things warmer
What is sound?
- a type of energy that makes things bright
- a type of pitch
- a type of energy that makes things warm
- a type of energy that you hear
What does vibrate mean?
- to move back and forth quickly
- to make a loud sound
- to make a low sound
- to make a high sound
Loudness is __________.
- how quickly something vibrates
- how low a sound is
- how high a sound is
- how loud or soft a sound is
What is light?
- a type of energy that lets you see
- a type of energy that changes temperature
- a type of energy that lets you hear
- a type of energy that you can touch
A shadow is __________.
- created when light passes through a clear object
- clear when light hits an object
- a bright place that is made from light
- a dark place that is made when an object blocks light
Heat, sound, and light are all examples of __________.
Sound is caused by __________. Check all that are true.
- big vibrations
- small vibrations
Mr. Roger held his hand up to block his eyes from the Sun. This made a shadow. He moved his hand closer to the Sun. His hand’s shadow will change and be __________.
- the exact same