Science Vocab review - Earth, Moon, Sun, and Stars
2/14/2019 12:00:00 AM
10 questions extracted from Mobymax (Science, Grade 2), to help you review some basic vocabulary about Earth, Moon, Sun, and Stars. To learn more about this topic, get a Mobymax learning account (by going to http://contuhoc.com/mobymax).
- An imaginary line around the outside of the Earth
- A real line through the center of the Earth
- The spin of Earth around an imaginary line
- An imaginary line through the center of the Earth
What is rotation?
- spinning on an axis
- spinning in the sky
- staying still in the sky
- staying still on an axis
- A path through another object
- A path around another object
- Spinning around an axis
- A straight path above an object
What is a constellation?
- a group of stars we cannot see
- a single star in the sky
- a group of stars that form a picture
- a single star that shines brightly
What is a crater?
- a hill in the ground that forms a bump
- a bowl-shaped hole in the ground
- a mountain found on the Moon
- a hole in the ground that goes all the way through
What is a phase of the Moon?
- how the Moon orbits the Earth
- the shape of the dark part of the Moon
- how the Moon spins around its axis
- the shape of the lit part of the Moon
A solar system includes _____.
- the stars, planets, and other objects that move around the Moon
- the planets, moons, and other objects that move around the Sun
- only the Earth and the Sun
- only the Sun
- a large, round object that travels around the Earth
- a very small object that travels around the Earth
- a large, round object that travels around the Sun
- a very small object that travels around the Sun
When your part of the Earth faces the Sun, it is _____ where you live.
Earth’s axis is tilted, which causes
- the Moon
- day and night
- the seasons