Đề ôn luyện Anh Chuyên các trường Chuyên thuộc Sở HN (Ams, Nguyễn Huệ, Chu Văn An, Sơn Tây), biên soạn bởi thầy Nguyễn Thế Hải (Trưởng Bộ môn Tiếng Anh học thuật, Khoa Tiếng Anh chuyên ngành, trường ĐH Hà Nội; Quản lý học thuật một hệ thống đào tạo Anh ngữ lớn ở Hà Nội) - thành viên Ban cố vấn chuyên môn của TiengAnhK12
Listen to the audio and complete the sentences below. Write ONLY ONE WORD for each answer.
Manufacturing in the English Midlands
1. In the eighteenth century, the still determined how most people made a living.
2. In the ground were minerals which supported the many of the region.
3. Since the late sixteenth century the French settlers had made .
4. In Cheshire was mined and transported on the river Mersey.
5. Potters worked in a few situated on the small hills of North Staffordshire.
Listen to the audio and complete the notes below. Write ONLY ONE WORD for each answer.
- more expensive but better
- made from a of clay and flint
Listen to the audio and fill in the blanks with the correct letters. You can hear the audio TWICE.
You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about living alone.
While you listen, you must complete BOTH tasks.
For questions 1-5, choose from the list (A-H) what each speaker values most about living alone.
A. the chance to relax
B. the lack of responsibility to others
C. the absence of noise
D. the ability to learn new skills
E. the freedom to speak their mind
F. the opportunity to think clearly
G. the possibility of developing new interests
H. the wide choice of friends to spend their time with
For questions 6-10, choose from the list (A-H) what problem each speaker identifies about living alone.
A. not having a family
B. feeling bored
C. getting practical help
D. not eating well
E. having to do housework
F. needing to meet new people
G. not being able to ask for advice
H. managing financially